To celebrate our 36th anniversary, PWP invites ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS – NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL to submit entries. Juror Debra Klomp Ching will award $3000 in prizes and the Grand Prize image will appear on the cover of IMPRINTS Magazine Fall/Winter issue, with winners featured in an exhibition at:
251 East Houston Street
New York NY 10002
Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 – Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Reception: May 9, 2012, 6:00 a
AWARDS: €¨Winners will be selected in four categories. Submissions may be made to more than one category, and there is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted. The categories are:
Selected images, as well as 15 Jurors’ Selections, will be exhibited in May 2012 in a group show at .NO gallery, located in Manhattan’s hottest new arts and culture area, the Lower East Side, and in an online exhibition on the PWP website for six months, December 1, 2011 – May 31, 2012. An additional 35 images selected for Honorable Mention will also be included in the PWP online Exhibition.
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $600 and have their image on the cover of IMPRINTS Magazine 2011 Fall/Winter issue. IMPRINTS Magazine, the official publication of PWP, is published in hard copy and online editions. The image will be exhibited in the .NO gallery show and the PWP online exhibition.
- First Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $300 and their selected image will appear in the Fall/Winter issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. Their images will be exhibited in the gallery show and PWP online exhibition.
- Second Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $200 and their image will appear in IMPRINTS Fall/Winter issue. Their images will be exhibited in the gallery show and PWP online exhibition.
- Third Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $100 and their images will appear in the Fall/Winter issue of IMPRINTS. Their images will be exhibited in the gallery show and PWP online exhibition.
- Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be included in the .NO gallery show and the PWP online exhibition.
- Honorable Mention: 35 additional images will be included in the PWP online gallery exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY: €¨This Call for Entries is open to ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS, NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL. PWP invites women photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible and artwork selected for gallery exhibition will be limited to FRAMED SIZE of 20 x 24 inches.
ENTRY FEE:€¨The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. The same image may be submitted to more than one category.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: €¨EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 27, 2011
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Click on this link.
2. Create your account (or log in if you have previously registered for a PWP international open call.)
NOTE TO PWP MEMBERS SUBMITTING TO AN INTERNATIONAL OPEN CALL FOR THE FIRST TIME: Do not use your PWP member login name and password. You must create a new account login name and password.
3. Pay your entry fee. Payments are made online by credit card.
4. Upload your images to the categories you select. (After payment, you can upload images at any time until the competition closes.)
IMAGE PREPARATION: €¨Prepare your images as required before beginning the submission process. Submissions are only accepted via the online process. Email attachments, CDs, or prints are not allowed and will not be returned.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications:
- 8 bit JPEG files (CMYK and 16 bits files will not be uploaded)
- longest dimension 1280 pixels (width or height)
- resolution of 72 ppi, JPG compression quality of 7 or 8.
- Images will be viewed by the jurors as RGB images; therefore Adobe RGB or sRGB profiles should be used.
- The file name of each image may contain a maximum of 25 characters, not counting .jpg. The file name may not include characters such as #, $, &, periods or other similar characters, and should start with your last name, then your first initial, and then the name of the file. There should be only one period in the file name, just prior to the file extension (i.e. Smith_J_filename.jpg). It’s important to follow these instructions about the file name to allow for proper entry and storage into the image database.
- Image title (name of the artwork, not the filename) is a separate entity and may not exceed 40 characters.
- If you submit more than one image with the title, “Untitled,€ please number them for easier identification.
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: €¨Everyone whose images are chosen for the exhibitions will receive an email notification of the accepted image(s).
JUROR:€¨ Debra Klomp Ching is the owner and director of the Klompching Gallery in New York, founded in 2007 in partnership with Darren Ching. The Klompching Gallery specializes in contemporary fine art photography and carries an international roster of artists.
Her experience in the photography industry spans more than two decades, during which time she has participated in several notable photography review festivals, panel presentations and conferences, curated photography exhibitions in Europe, Canada and the US, juried several photography awards and contributed to both online and print publications on the subject of photography. Recent exhibitions include ‘The Architecture of Space’, co-curated with Darren Ching, for the Flash Forward Festival (Toronto, 2010) and the 17th Annual Juried Show for the Griffin Museum of Photography. She is an international adviser to the Executive Director of CENTER (Santa Fe), an adviser to the Center for Fine Art Photography (Fort Collins) and a photo editor for At Length Magazine.
- Entries due: October 27, 2011
- Notice of Acceptance: November 18, 2011
- Online Exhibition: December 1, 2011 through May 31, 2012
- .NO Gallery Exhibition: May 2012
EXHIBIT PRINTS: €¨All accepted images submitted for exhibition must be printed and framed professionally in either black or white metal or wood frames. PWP recognizes that some work is non traditional and incorporates the framing as an integral part of the presentation. Artists will be responsible for shipping their framed images to PWP in advance of the gallery show and for supplying a pre-paid return shipping label.
SALES: €¨All work accepted for the gallery show must be for sale. PWP will retain a 20% commission on the sale of any work.
USE RIGHTS: €¨Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. By submission for jurying, artists grant PWP the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other PWP programs, and for reproduction online and in a print Exhibition catalogue. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from PWP. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. Submitting artists will be added to PWP’s monthly newsletter subscriber list. They may opt out using a link on each newsletter at any time.
Any questions, email email@example.com
Please retain this information for your files until after announcement of the jury selection.
Open to Both PWP Members and the General Public